Are you practicing effective toothbrush care? Have you selected a toothbrush that can adequately fulfill the needs required of it? Are you using the proper techniques to clean your teeth? All of these questions and more should always be answered due to the significance of brushing your teeth. It is suggested that you should brush your teeth twice every day, and this is a vital step for showing off memorable oral health. Here are some tips to remember about brushing:
– Always make sure to brush on all sides of a tooth focusing on not missing any areas. Because brushing cannot reach between teeth, an alternative interdental cleaner such as dental floss will be needed to reach these areas.
– Always make sure you’re brushing your teeth at least twice every day. Ideally, each session should take between 2 to 3 minutes.
– Don’t forget to brush your tongue as it is often a safe zone for bacteria.
– Exercise caution with sticky foods that brushing alone cannot always remove.
– Eat a healthy diet that focuses on enamel-building minerals, and be sure to limit between meal snacks. This can lower the amount of food debris in your mouth that can damage your teeth.
– Avoid brushing your teeth immediately after meals. This is because your teeth are highly sensitive at this time and brushing can potentially damage your tooth enamel due to abrasive toothpaste or toothbrushes. Instead, try using mouthwash or another similar nonabrasive cleaner.
– When brushing your teeth, use a 45-degree angle and soft, gentle strokes. However, when brushing your front teeth, turn the brush vertical.
If you are looking to restore your smile with a smile makeover. contact Dr. Jim D. Nored and our team at Crosby Dental Center. Contact us by calling 281-328-3569 to set up a reservation to see us at our office in Crosby, Texas.