Are you familiar with tooth brushing and its effect on your smile? When you need to keep your teeth clean and clear of hazardous debris and bacteria, you can always rely on brushing. If you do not, your entire mouth may suffer. The basics of tooth brushing include the following:
– Avoid sharing your brush or cross contaminating your brush with others.
– Stick to a brushing routine that includes brushing your teeth at least twice per day.
– If your toothbrush is broken, contaminated, or worn down, replace it. Traditional toothbrushes last roughly 3-4 months.
– Stay away from brushing your teeth right after eating, as your teeth may be extra sensitive during this time. This can be abrasive to your tooth enamel and damage your teeth.
– Be sure to store your toothbrush in a safe and secure area both upright and with proper ventilation.
– Use a brush with soft bristles that is big enough to easily clean and reach all spaces inside your mouth.
– If you have issues or problems with brushing your teeth manually, try switching to an electric toothbrush.
Depending on your dental health, our dentist at Crosby Dental Center can help you find which oral health care treatments will work best for you. Dr. Jim Nored and our team would love to see you at our dentist office in Crosby, Texas. To schedule an appointment, please call us at 281-328-3569. Our dentists look forward to crafting you the smile of your dreams!